Learn how to make
your talk a success in 2009!
for companies wishing to support the CENIC 2009
The Corporation for Education Network Initiatives in California (CENIC) will hold its 13th annual conference,
RIDING THE WAVES OF INNOVATION
from March 9-11, 2009, at the Hilton Hotel in Long Beach, California.
In support of the conference, the CENIC 2009 Program Committee is currently seeking proposals for presentations,
demonstrations, and panel discussions focused on network-enabled applications and research.
We are interested in presentations that cover technology and infrastructure, teaching and learning, application development
and use, trends, and/or future developments in network technology and related applications. The conference venue will be
connected at 1 Gigabit to CalREN, NLR, and Internet2 to enable live demonstrations of content or capability. Information
about past presentations can be obtained by reviewing the CENIC 2007 and
CENIC 2008 conference programs.
We are especially interested in presentations that involve:
- Collaboration across educational segments
- Collaboration with non-profit or research entities
- Use of national and international networks
- Teaching and Learning applications and projects
- Green initiatives and Sustainability
- Real-time demonstrations with remote sites
- Advanced services or technologies
- Use of new and emerging technologies
Proposals may be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
Proposals should be no longer than three pages and should be submitted in MS Word, PDF, or plain text format.
Please include the following information:
- Name, title and contact information of submitter
- The title of your presentation
- A brief abstract of the proposed presentation topic
- The presentation type (i.e. presentation, demonstration or panel discussion)
- A short biography of all presenters
- An estimate of the time required for your presentation (keep in mind most slots are no more than 20 minutes)
- Any presentation requirements, including network requirements
The program committee will review proposals, and presenters will be notified of acceptance by December 5, 2008. To help with
presentation scheduling, selected presenters may be asked for an interim set of slides in January 2009. Final presentation slides are due by
March 2, 2009.
General conference registration opened on November 3, 2008. Reminders
will be sent when registration opens. General questions about the program or proposals may be addressed to CENIC via email to